August 03, 2009

The Birthday

So another year has come and gone. Jackson is now 10. I am actually having some issues with this. He is no longer my little boy, but at the same time he is. The evidence of him turning into a tween has been more evident over the last couple of months. Pokemon is still in full effect, but watching shows like The Suite Life, The Wizards of Wavery Place, and shows on Cartoon Network Real like Build Destroy Build. And (I love this), he has finally told me to stop doing something because I was embarrassing him. Only one more school year and he will be in middle school.

He had a good party at the ConocoPhillips swimming pool with several of his friends. His cake? It look like an Oreo thanks to a pan that we bought was Williams-Sonoma. After having his party we went to Red Robin in Tulsa for his dinner of choice. Of course, we had to get the Tower of Onion Rings. The rest of the afternoon he spent playing Will Sport Resort.

After having spent the last week in Dallas learning more on photography at the Creative Photography Retreat, I decided to put it to work. So I happened to be at Wal-Mart and saw this shower curtain and thought it would make a cool background. I look at the pictures above and, again it hits me that he is not so little any more. I'm not sure I can say that I have 2 young kids and that is strange.

1 comment:

sarah goodman said...

GREAT shots of your birthday boy! I have a son turning 12 soon!